National Young Artists Chamber Music and Ensemble Competition
Application Form PDF
Competition Date: Sunday, May 12, 2019
Competition Location: New Jersey City University
Winners' Concert: Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 1PM
Winners' Concert Location: Weill Recital Hall - Carnegie Hall, NYC
The competition is open to all students currently enrolled in school including graduate programs. Only one piano is available. Acceptable teams include: one piano 4 hands or 6 hands, instrumental duos including string/piano, winds/piano sonatas, and trios or larger chamber music ensembles limited to a maximum of ten students. Students may also participate in more than 1 group for an additional application fee.
NOTE: NO concertos for solo instrument or solo pieces with piano accompaniment are allowed. Any ensembles that include piano accompaniment must be played by a student. If any questions, please contact NLPA.
Application Deadline: Postmarked April 25, 2019. NO Certified or Registered Mail, please.
Application Fee: $55 per person. If entering more than one ensemble, the additional fee is $30 for each additional ensemble. Fee is non-refundable.
Audition Date: Sunday, May 12, 2019
Audition Site: Jersey City University located at 2039 John F. Kennedy Blvd. Jersey City, NJ
*We recommend live auditions. However, students who reside outside of the tri-state area or those who have scheduling constraints may first submit the application form with appropriate application fee and total winners’ fee postmarked by April 25, 2019 and then send a YouTube Link via email by May 10, 2019. A copy of the music must be sent with the application form. Partial recording of the pieces(s) will be disqualified. The copy of music cannot be returned. Send the link to NLPA’s email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One or two music selections not to exceed 10 minutes in total length from standard ensemble repertoire. If any questions regarding repertoire, please contact NLPA.
- Music must be presented to judges. No changes of repertoire once submitted.
- No amplifiers or speakers allowed.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Concert Date: Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 1:00PM.
- Concert Place: Weill Recital Hall-Carnegie Hall located at 57th Street and Seventh Avenue • New York, NY 10023
- Winners’ Fee: $150 per person which includes 4 tickets and certificates. If winning performer is participating in more than one group, the additional fee is $100 per person with two additional tickets.
- For groups of more than six (6) students, the maximum fee is $900 which includes 24 tickets and certificates.
- Additional ticket is $40 each.
- Winners must perform at the Winner's Concert in order to receive awards or they will forfeit their status.