National Youth Performing Artists Concert
Download or Print GUIDELINES
Online Application Form Here
Application Form PDF
Concert Date: Sunday, December 2, 2018
Concert Location: Mary Flager Cary Hall
The DiMenna Center for Classical Music
450 W. 37th Street New York, NY 10018
Please read carefully. Please apply to this event only if students are able to comply with our guidelines.
This event welcomes all levels of solo instrumentalists including vocalists to perform in a concert setting with an evaluation at a prestige venue in NYC. Students are divided into age groups. At the end of each concert, everyone will receive certificates of excellence. In addition, judges will award “Judges Awards” at the end of the each concert. This is a first come, first scheduled event. If any age group reaches its maximum capacity, we will not accept any more applications for that group even before the deadline date. We encourage to apply early.
Latest Postmark Application Deadline: November 1, 2018. First come, first scheduled basis.
If we reach the maximum capacity of performers in certain age groups before the deadline, we will not accept any additional entries. Performers are encouraged to apply early.
- Open to students up to 18 years of age. No age minimum.
- Age as of December 1 of the concert year.
- Open to all solo instruments and vocalists except for percussion instruments
- One selection of Solo repertoire only. Memory required. Repertoire cannot be changed once submitted.
- The performance must be complete and with accompanist if required in the score. If the piece requires accompaniment, students must perform with an accompanist.
- Those students who received Grand and Gold Awards from the immediate past National Young Musicians Showcase Competition are NOT eligible to enter this event.
- Each teacher may enter up to 7 students. Concerts will be scheduled according to each age group on a first come, first scheduled basis.
- Each teacher will submit one check and send with the filled application form. Fee is non-refundable unless the age group applied has reached the maximum capacity.
- Dress Code: No casual attire. No sneakers. Girls: Long dress or dress pants and dress top. Boys: Suit and tie or dress pants and dress shirt.
Since our purpose is to give as many performance opportunities to many students, the time limit requirement will be enforced. Please read carefully the time limit requirements and penalty fee going over the time limit. NLPA has the right to stop the performance if any students go over the time limit AND there will be a penalty fee of $50 per minute. Please select repertoire carefully.
Application Fee Information
- First Received, First Scheduled.
- One selection of repertoire piece only.
- Concert time is scheduled according to age groups.
- No time requests, please.
- Application fee is non-refundable unless maximum capacity is reached.
7 and under 4 minutes 1 second Application Fee: $80
Ages 8-9 4 minutes 1 second Application Fee $80
Ages 10-11 4 minutes 1 second Application Fee $80
Ages 12-13 5 minutes 1 second Application Fee $100
Ages 14-15 5 minutes 1 second Application Fee $100
Ages 16-18 5 minutes 1 second Application Fee $100
NLPA has the right to stop the performance if any students go over the time limit AND there will be a penalty fee of $50 per minute. Please select repertoire carefully.
Approximate* Concert Times:
Ages 7 and under, 8-9: Approximate 11:30AM to early afternoon
Ages 10-11, Ages 12-13: Early afternoon to/or mid-afternoon
Ages 14-15, Ages 16-18: Mid-afternoon to/or late afternoon to finish before 6:30PM.
*Concert times subject to change according to number of entries. All performers must perform with their age group, we cannot accept any request of changing time. Siblings of different age groups must perform in their age group concerts. Please apply to this event only if you can comply with our guidelines.
NOTE: To the parents or guardians of the applicants under 18 years of age.
By entering NLPA’s event, parents give permission to the National League of Performing Arts, Inc.(NLPA) to use photographs of your child(ren) taken by NLPA representative, with appropriate captions, in NLPA publications, or on the NLPA website and in the local newspapers. If you do not wish NLPA to use your child(ren)’s photos in NLPA publications, on the NLPA website or in the local newspapers, kindly notify us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)